The therapy offers practical help to deal with mental and emotional distress in the here and now.
My training ensures that I have a sound body of scientifically-based knowledge and proven skills to help people as quickly as possible (both adults and children) with a wide variety of emotional and behavioural difficulties, including the following:
- Reduce anxiety: — Generalised anxiety, panic attacks, fears, phobias, obsessions (OCD), lack of confidence or overwhelming stress and pressure can be treated effectively.
- Break the cycle of depression:— The human givens approach is the best available psychotherapeutic treatment for depression, even chronic depression can often be lifted quickly and the meaning and joy returned to life.
- Resolve trauma:— Dissolve the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), however severe, safely and quickly.
- Manage anger: — Anger disorders damage health, increase the likelihood of an early death and cause enormous misery among relatives, colleagues and innocent bystanders.
- Stop addictive behaviour: — People can be freed from all forms of addiction – alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, TV and computer games, eating disorders – providing they want to make the effort to stop.
- Relieve medical conditions: — Many conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic pain and migraine, have an emotional component. Stressful events often trigger an outbreak because emotions affect health – and vice versa.
- Improve relationships: — Relationship difficulties are often self-perpetuating because our beliefs and reactions to one another trigger patterns of behaviour which stop us solving them. When couples want to stay together but are having problems, human givens therapists can help.
When our emotional needs are not met in balance, or when our resources are used inappropriately, we suffer considerable distress and so can those around us. As a human givens therapist, I will focus on helping a client to identify their unmet emotional needs and empower them to meet these needs by activating their own natural resources in new ways. To do this I use a variety of up-to-date, proven techniques aimed at problem solving.